We are excited to be involved in the Apprenticeship Employer Incentive Programme which provides support for SMEs to recruit apprentices aged 16-19.
The Welsh Government funded programme, which launched on 1st August 2017, will also help provide individuals and employers with the skills needed over the long-term and prevent skills shortages.
This is a fantastic opportunity for employers to inject some energy and enthusiasm into their organisation. Not only are the qualifications fully funded, but employers could also receive payment for taking on a new recruit.
• The employer must confirm that they are not able to recruit an apprentice without the grant;
• The employer must have fewer than 250 employees;
• The employee needs to be based in Wales for at least 51% of their time;
• The employer must not have had an employee start an apprenticeship in the 30 month period before the start date of the first apprentice for whom you apply for the grant;
• The employer must commit to employing an apprentice(s) for 12 months or the time taken to complete the apprenticeship programme (whichever is the greater);
• The employer must commit to employing the learner for at least 30 hours per week; and
• Agree to pay the apprentice in line with legal minimum requirements or more.
An incentive of £3,500 is payable for starts from July to September & January to March and;
£2,500 for starts from October to December & April to June.
Apprentices must be new employees and aged between 16-19 years old on the day they are recruited.
January to March attracts the full £3500 per learner payment – subject to availability.
We can help find an Apprentice and advertise vacancies in Wales.
We have lots of exciting opportunities available, please give us a call on 01672 519977 or send us an email to email@example.com.